Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon September 23, 2013
The Morning Cram [ i can’t turn it off edition]
From NPR: It used to be that neuroscientists thought smart people were all alike. But now they think that some very smart people retain the ability to learn rapidly, like a child, well into adolescence. That means they have a longer period of time to learn from their environment — and maybe learn Chinese.
Kentucky: Republican Sen. Rand Paul says President Barack Obama's health care law probably can't be defeated. A federal judge is allowing former Barren County Sheriff Chris Eaton to remain free while he appeals his conviction on two counts of witness tampering. Motorists traveling on Interstate 24 between Paducah and Metropolis will encounter reduced lanes across the Ohio River starting today.
Illinois: Gov. Pat Quinn has called for the party to band together and work as a ticket despite recent clashes among top Democrats.
Tennessee: The Tennessee Valley Authority is seeking volunteers to participate in National Public Lands Day on Saturday.