Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon July 29, 2013
The Morning Cram [how to be green with…green edition]
From NPR: The Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System in California's Mojave Desert will power about 140,000 homes and will be a boon to the state's renewable energy goals. But it was no slam dunk. Now, California is trying to bring conservationists and energy companies together to create a smoother path for future projects.
Kentucky: A Calloway County Grand Jury has charged two Murray men in connection to a fatal house fire in Hazel on June 12th. Judges in Kentucky have cut the number of children they’re sending to jail for non-criminal offenses in half. Sen. Rand Paul is hitting back at New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the two Republicans' ongoing spat over national security.
Tennessee: A Nashville-based fireplace manufacturer says it plans to close a plant in Union City in 2014.