Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue July 2, 2013
The Morning Cram [hi ho silver edition]
From NPR: The Lone Ranger has long been a fictional hero, taming the Wild West with his trusty and often stereotyped Native American guide, Tonto. The new version of The Lone Ranger stars Johnny Depp and dabbles with that trope.
Kentucky: Kentucky State Police have released the identity of a man whose body was found in Kentucky Lake yesterday morning. Highway Safety Director Bill Bell says law enforcement officers will be working with his office to clamp down on traffic violations this month in a project called "Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass."
Illinois: Gov. Pat Quinn has signed a law requiring the state’s schools to hold safety drills that include practicing responses to a possible school shooting. The sponsor of Illinois' concealed carry bill says Gov. Pat Quinn will use his amendatory veto powers to rewrite the measure.