Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue October 15, 2013
The Morning Cram [harper valley edition]
From NPR: Amid skyrocketing real estate and rental prices, low-income families are fighting to stay put in order to access world-class public schools. One group of families battling the closure of Palo Alto's last mobile home park is getting help from a local PTA that values diversity.
Kentucky: The McCracken county fiscal court will trim its budget following a vote to reduce taxes in one of the County's 15 special taxing districts. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has received the endorsement of the Kentucky Fraternal Order of Police in his bid for re-election to a sixth term. Kentucky State Parks will provide lodging discounts to active-duty military personnel and veterans between November 1 and March 31. Kentucky State Auditor Adam Edelen has found a lack of accountability and transparency in 14 school districts that have been the focus of special reviews.
Tennessee: The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development is partnering with more than 150 employers to help veterans get jobs.