Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed July 31, 2013
The Morning Cram [grow this edition]
From NPR: Thousands of seasonal workers come to California's Salinas Valley each year to pick crops, and many of them seem destined for a life in the fields. Now, a training program run by ALBA Organics is giving these workers the skills they need to start farms and businesses.
Kentucky: Governor Steve Beshear and other officials are celebrating the grand opening of the new U.S. 60 Tennessee River Bridge in western Kentucky today. Churchill Downs is planning to add nearly 2,400 seats and a VIP hospitality lounge as part of a $14.5 million project at the home of the Kentucky Derby.
Tennessee: A Dyer County landowner has become the first participant in a program that accepts direct gifts of agricultural commodities. The Tennessee state Health Department is promoting World Breastfeeding Week by reminding mothers that there are designated breastfeeding experts available in all of Tennessee's county health departments.
Illinois: Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon is announcing her political plans in a series of news conferences around the state. Governor Pat Quinn has signed two pieces of legislation that affect hunters in Illinois.