Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu June 27, 2013
The Morning Cram [greenhouse gas guzzler edition]
From NPR: Researchers are developing a technology that could draw carbon dioxide directly out of the air. It's very expensive now, but it works, and one company is already trying to identify a market for all that captured greenhouse gas.
Kentucky: A means to control mosquito swarms this summer around Land Between the Lakes is a concern for an organic farmer that lives less that 10 miles from where the Department of Agriculture plans to spray.
Tennessee: The state fire marshal's office says it has distributed more than 25,000 smoke alarms to homes in high-risk areas. A dozen federal lawsuits filed against the truck stop chain run by Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam could be consolidated before a single judge.
Illinois: Gov. Pat Quinn says his state will pay an extra $130 million in interest on a bond issue this week due to lowered credit ratings because the state has not been able to solve its pension crisis.