Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed May 22, 2013
The Morning Cram [golden girls edition]
From NPR: Some single baby boomers are moving into group houses, a college-era solution to their modern needs. Housemates share costs, socialize, and cheer each other on through life's thick and thin.
Kentucky: Governor Steve Beshear has named a longtime tourism veteran to oversee the part of his cabinet dealing with travel and the arts. Both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate have passed legislation to prevent the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers from installing barriers in the tailwaters of Cumberland River dams. Murray-Calloway County Transit Authority continuing officials are now seeking funds from the Calloway County Fiscal Court. Kentucky’s Interstate 24 welcome center in Christian County near the Tennessee state line will reopen today and remain open until after the Memorial Day holiday. Compensation for the head of Kentucky’s Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources would be capped under a new contract. A magazine says Kentucky is number one in whitetail deer hunting.
Illinois: Johnson County has joined other counties in southern Illinois supporting a moratorium on horizontal hydraulic fracturing.