Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed May 22, 2013
The Morning Cram [golden girls edition]
From NPR: Some single baby boomers are moving into group houses, a college-era solution to their modern needs. Housemates share costs, socialize, and cheer each other on through life's thick and thin.
Kentucky: Governor Steve Beshear has named a longtime tourism veteran to oversee the part of his cabinet dealing with travel and the arts. Both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate have passed legislation to prevent the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers from installing barriers in the tailwaters of Cumberland River dams. Murray-Calloway County Transit Authority continuing officials are now seeking funds from the Calloway County Fiscal Court. Kentucky’s Interstate 24 welcome center in Christian County near the Tennessee state line will reopen today and remain open until after the Memorial Day holiday. Compensation for the head of Kentucky’s Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources would be capped under a new contract. A magazine says Kentucky is number one in whitetail deer hunting.
Illinois: Johnson County has joined other counties in southern Illinois supporting a moratorium on horizontal hydraulic fracturing.