Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon July 2, 2012
the morning cram [God particle edition]
NPR reports before we get to the fireworks on the Fourth of July, we might see some pyrotechnics from a giant physics experiment near Geneva, Switzerland.
Kentucky ~ The city of Paducah has received over $60,000 dollars from an insurance claim on the embezzlement of more the $230,000 dollars from its convention and expo centers. One man is dead and another jailed after an apparent fight led to a murder early Friday in Paducah. A Kentucky Transportation Cabinet electrical crew is checking the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge after navigation lights failed overnight. Sunday marked the 4th consecutive day of record-setting triple digit highs in Paducah. Airmen from the Kentucky Air National Guard's 123rd Airlift Wing are heading to the Persian Gulf region.
Illinois ~ Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says he was disturbed by media reports of dozens of cases of alleged abuse against disabled people uninvestigated by the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Tennessee ~ Tennessee’s colleges and universities have received a mixed review in a new national report.