Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed April 3, 2013
The Morning Cram [girls run the world edition]
From NPR: Newsweek and The Daily Beast’s Tina Brown shares what she has been reading lately. Her recommendations all cover the role of women in the developing world from risk-taking Malala to the horrendous death of Nirbhaya, or "The Fearless One."
Kentucky: Marshall County Hospital names David Fuqua as its next CEO.
Tennessee: A proposal to keep the state’s handgun carry permit records from the public’s eyes is on its way to a full state Senate vote. A measure that would allow wine sales in Tennessee grocery stores isn’t dead yet. A state Senate leader says it’s time to go all in on the school voucher bill. Otherwise it will be withdrawn entirely.
Illinois: Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk says he supports same-sex marriage. Republican venture capitalist Bruce Rauner has raised $1.3 million in the last month for a potential bid in the 2014 race for Illinois governor.