Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed April 3, 2013
The Morning Cram [girls run the world edition]
From NPR: Newsweek and The Daily Beast’s Tina Brown shares what she has been reading lately. Her recommendations all cover the role of women in the developing world from risk-taking Malala to the horrendous death of Nirbhaya, or "The Fearless One."
Kentucky: Marshall County Hospital names David Fuqua as its next CEO.
Tennessee: A proposal to keep the state’s handgun carry permit records from the public’s eyes is on its way to a full state Senate vote. A measure that would allow wine sales in Tennessee grocery stores isn’t dead yet. A state Senate leader says it’s time to go all in on the school voucher bill. Otherwise it will be withdrawn entirely.
Illinois: Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk says he supports same-sex marriage. Republican venture capitalist Bruce Rauner has raised $1.3 million in the last month for a potential bid in the 2014 race for Illinois governor.