Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu February 14, 2013
The Morning Cram [forbidden love edition]
From NPR: It’s a pre-independent India love story. Now 90 years old, Debika Ghosh , recalls how she jumped off a train and went without the family blessing just to marry the husband she lived with for 60 years.
Kentucky: The Christians-only health care plan Medi-Share is a step closer to being allowed once again in Kentucky after the Senate passed a bill that would exempt the plan from regulations. Forest fire hazard season begins this week in Kentucky. A state House committee has approved legislation that would require police to take a DNA sample when arresting someone on a felony charge.
Illinois: A Cook County judge dismissed a case filed by the Thomas More Society that tried to ban gay marriage in the state. Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon isn’t seeking re-election. A state correctional workers union is concerned about violent maximum-security inmates being transferred to lower-security prisons.