Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri December 13, 2013
The Morning Cram [football field to battlefield edition]
From NPR: The players that year faced a sobering new reality: The nation was at war and they'd soon leave the football field behind for the battlefield. In All American, author Steve Eubanks recalls that game through the eyes of two players — Army quarterback Chad Jenkins and Navy linebacker Brian Stann.
Kentucky: Democrat Kim Humphrey has conceded to Republican Suzanne Miles after results from a recanvass from Tuesday’s special election showed no change in the previous tallies. After nearly four months without interviewing a witness or investigating a shred of evidence, the special House committee investigating sexual harassment allegations against a former state lawmaker voted Thursday afternoon to end its operations. Murray mayor Bill Wells says he will run for re-election next year.
Illinois: Illinois taxpayers affected by last month's deadly tornadoes are getting more time to file their returns. Voters in Johnson County, Illinois will have a chance to voice their opinions about hydraulic fracturing at the ballot box.