Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu January 23, 2014
The Morning Cram [flyover edition]
From NPR: Morning Edition co-host David Greene is traveling in Idaho this week ahead of a very competitive primary that may replace a longtime moderate Republican member of Congress. Incumbent Mike Simpson faces a challenger backed by the Tea Party.
Kentucky: Gov. Steve Beshear has sent the General Assembly the Recommended Highway Plan. TVA has notified Murray State University officials that there is a moderate risk of a power outage. People interested in running for public office have a few more days to file paperwork. The Christian County Chamber of Commerce announced the hiring of its new President. A bill requiring women in Kentucky seeking abortions to consult with a physician in-person 24-hours before the procedure cleared on Wednesday the state Senate.
Illinois: The Illinois Department of Employment Security says online advertising for jobs in Illinois was up almost 10% in December.
Tennessee: Officials at Vanderbilt University Medical Center say at least 17 Middle Tennesseans have died from the flu.