Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 23, 2014
The Morning Cram [flyover edition]
From NPR: Morning Edition co-host David Greene is traveling in Idaho this week ahead of a very competitive primary that may replace a longtime moderate Republican member of Congress. Incumbent Mike Simpson faces a challenger backed by the Tea Party.
Kentucky: Gov. Steve Beshear has sent the General Assembly the Recommended Highway Plan. TVA has notified Murray State University officials that there is a moderate risk of a power outage. People interested in running for public office have a few more days to file paperwork. The Christian County Chamber of Commerce announced the hiring of its new President. A bill requiring women in Kentucky seeking abortions to consult with a physician in-person 24-hours before the procedure cleared on Wednesday the state Senate.
Illinois: The Illinois Department of Employment Security says online advertising for jobs in Illinois was up almost 10% in December.
Tennessee: Officials at Vanderbilt University Medical Center say at least 17 Middle Tennesseans have died from the flu.