Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu November 15, 2012
The Morning Cram [the first time edition]
From NPR: When President Obama sets off to Asia this weekend to highlight his so-called pivot to the region, he will make a bit of history: Obama will become the first sitting U.S. president to visit Myanmar. The country, also known as Burma, was a pariah state for decades, ruled by a ruthless military dictatorship. That is changing, and the Obama administration has encouraged a dramatic reform process in the country. But it may be too early for a victory lap.
Kentucky: Kentucky's U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell has been re-elected as leader of that body’s Republicans. Owensboro officials hope a recent study will put them in the path of a new highway running from Tennessee to Michigan.
Illinois: The Illinois firearm deer season begins tomorrow and runs through Sunday. Illinois' home foreclosure rate rose 6 percent in October compared to the previous month, and was 19 percent higher than in October of last year.
Tennessee: Property taxes owed for 2010 are delinquent on more than 1,400 pieces of Henry County property.