Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed March 13, 2013
The Morning Cram [fife and drum edition]
From NPR: For commentator Frank Deford, it seems unfair that students who pursue other extracurricular talents — like music — should be placed in a subsidiary position to their classmates who happen to play sports.
Kentucky: The Paducah City Commission and McCracken County Fiscal Court will help TeleTech Holdings build a new customer service call center. A Kentucky panel that investigates the deaths and near deaths of children in abuse and neglect cases now has the official backing of the General Assembly. Two priorities of Kentucky lawmakers will spill over to the so-called veto period of the 2013 legislative sessions after the issues could not be resolved by the end of Tuesday. Anglers are on the hunt in western Kentucky for a pesky fish whose exploding population is threatening two of the state's most popular lakes.
Tennesee: The University of Tennessee at Martin will receive a $706,000 state grant for the school's Healthy Families Initiative.