Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed April 17, 2013
The Morning Cram [fierce fish edition]
From NPR: Lionfish are fearsome for other little swimmers in the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico. In just two years, lionfish contributed to the loss of 65 percent of prey fish in the Bahamas.
Kentucky: Murray State University President Randy Dunn is one of three finalists for Youngstown State University president in Ohio. The Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development gave $100,000 to university students who developed plans for 18 new companies in the state. Fire officials across the state met to discuss how to stop the rising number of accidental fire deaths. U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell and U.S. Rep. Harold Rogers support a requirement that generic versions of OxyContin be tamper resistant.
Tennessee: A bill capping enrollment for new virtual schools passed the House yesterday.
Illinois: Many physicians in the state are calling for the legalization of medical marijuana for patients with serious illnesses.