Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed May 1, 2013
The Morning Cram [ fast fashion edition]
From NPR: The Bangladesh garment factory collapse that killed hundreds made super-cheap clothing destined for American stores. Research shows customers will pay more for safely made clothes, but only to a point.
Kentucky: A Murray city councilman says the group’s decision to allow Sunday alcohol sales at a golf course sends mixed signals to the community. Murray State University President Randy Dunn will visit Youngstown State University tomorrow for a series of open forums. Barkley Regional Airport Manager Richard Roof updated the Paducah Mayor and Commissioners last night regarding the recent furloughs imposed on air traffic controllers.
Illinois: The largest Illinois government employees' union will take a second ratification vote on its tentative three-year contract because of a continuing lawsuit over back wages. A spokeswoman for Illinois Senate President John Cullerton says he will keep working to pass a pension reform bill he believes can survive a court challenge.