Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed May 1, 2013
The Morning Cram [ fast fashion edition]
From NPR: The Bangladesh garment factory collapse that killed hundreds made super-cheap clothing destined for American stores. Research shows customers will pay more for safely made clothes, but only to a point.
Kentucky: A Murray city councilman says the group’s decision to allow Sunday alcohol sales at a golf course sends mixed signals to the community. Murray State University President Randy Dunn will visit Youngstown State University tomorrow for a series of open forums. Barkley Regional Airport Manager Richard Roof updated the Paducah Mayor and Commissioners last night regarding the recent furloughs imposed on air traffic controllers.
Illinois: The largest Illinois government employees' union will take a second ratification vote on its tentative three-year contract because of a continuing lawsuit over back wages. A spokeswoman for Illinois Senate President John Cullerton says he will keep working to pass a pension reform bill he believes can survive a court challenge.