Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu December 20, 2012
The Morning Cram [end of the world as we know it edition]
From NPR: David Greene gets to the bottom of the Mayan calendar with archaeologist David Stuart. Stuart’s not worried about the world ending tomorrow, and he says you shouldn’t either. Apparently, the Mayan calendar still has a long way to go.
Tennessee: Brent Leatherwood of Chattanooga will replace Adam Nickas as the Tennessee GOP executive director. Democratic Rep. Joe Armstrong was chosen to be the president of the National Black Caucus of State Legislators for the next two years. A program affiliated with Vanderbilt Hospital is encouraging parents to buy their children helmets in addition to the bicycles and skateboards already sitting under many Christmas trees.
Illinois: Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon encourages the people of Illinois to help curb hunger by volunteering this holiday season.