Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu September 19, 2013
The Morning Cram [easy listening edition]
From NPR: Document requests by the ACLU of Northern California have produced an inside look at the records of suspicious activity reports gathered by federal authorities. The feds appear to be keeping files on people based on tips that fall far below the threshold of reasonable suspicion.
Kentucky: The McCracken County Fiscal Court is emergency management director Paul Carter time to prepare for his grievance hearing. Kentucky is offering a website that tracks the fall foliage season for people wanting to view the state's autumn colors. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has been endorsed by the anti-abortion group National Right to Life. Mitch McConnell has introduced a bill to block the Environmental Protection Agency from issuing new carbon emissions standards for power plants. Critics of the state’s cuts to two programs benefiting thousands of Kentucky children are turning their focus to next year’s General Assembly session.
Tennessee: U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander says a decision by the Department of the Interior means that Tennessee fish hatcheries will remain open.