Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri May 31, 2013
The Morning Cram [double or nothin’ edition]
From NPR: Interest rates on government-backed college loans are set to double July 1 — unless Congress agrees on a fix before then. The president is expected to urge Congress on Friday to block that increase.
Kentucky: Pennyroyal Area Museum employees are bracing for another difficult financial year. A new Kentucky State Police crime lab is open in Madisonville. An Asian carp processing plant opened yesterday in Wickliffe. The United Mine Workers of America plan to appeal a court ruling that will significantly cut health care and pension benefits to thousands of workers and retirees, including many in Kentucky. The Murray Police Department says a local woman faces murder charges in a shooting death. Kentucky Democrats are still working on finding a challenger to U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell. Columbus-Belmont State Park is holding a living history program tomorrow in honor of National Trails Day.
Illinois: Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, a manufacturers' association and representatives from the oil and gas industry are praising a measure to regulate high-volume oil and gas drilling in Illinois.