Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed June 12, 2013
The Morning Cram [don’t have a cow edition]
From NPR: No, your eyes aren't fooling you: Prices for burger and steak meat have been going up this summer. Why? The ongoing drought in the Midwest has created a shortage of feed, raising expenses for ranchers and forcing some to cull their herds. And economists don't expect the beef price hikes to let up this year.
Kentucky: A legislative committee has ordered a review of the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. A historical marker that tells about a Union Army officer who led a mass prison escape will be dedicated Saturday in Morgantown. Kentucky may have just made it easier for businesses to find places to start. Ninety recruits have reported to the Kentucky State Police Academy to begin a 23-week training program.
Tennessee: The Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission has tweaked changes to the bear hunting season. Tennessee State Finance Commissioner Larry Martin says overall May revenues were $31.5 million more than the state budgeted.