Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue January 29, 2013
The Morning Cram [diverging roads edition]
Today marks the 50th anniversary of the death of the poet Robert Frost and fans of Frost are excited after a rare collection of Frost material was just donated to the State University of New York.
Kentucky: The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources is considering ways to keep Asian carp from spreading in state waterways. A panel created to review child deaths and severe abuse or neglect cases in Kentucky says redacted files have hampered its ability to fully investigate them. A federal judge in Bowling Green is set to pass sentence on a pair of Iraqi nationals who pleaded guilty to conspiring to send weapons, cash and explosives to al-Qaida in Iraq.
Illinois: Illinois Senate President John Cullerton says he wants to push forward with a pension overhaul as quickly as possible. Illinois unemployment benefit applications are now available online in Spanish and Polish.
Tennessee: In last night’s state of the state address Governor Bill Haslam presented lawmakers a nearly $33 billion dollar annual spending plan. Haslam and state education officials will participate in a school safety summit today.