Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon October 8, 2012
The Morning Cram [the Chavez won't go edition]
From NPR: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez wins another term defeating his most serious political challenge in years, Henrique Capriles.
From Kentucky: McCracken County Judge-Executive Van Newberry and Paducah businessman John Williams Jr. will debate the Paducah/McCracken County merger today at 11 a.m. A debt focused group informs voters before the vice presidential debate at Centre College. The chance of a GOP Senate takeover dwindles, but Sen. Rand Paul promotes compromise between the two parties. The Murray State Racers won against Austin Peay this weekend. A McCracken County deputy shot a man who waved a sword and handgun at him. A Tennessee man is charged with running over a woman with his van in Murray. Kentucky State Parks are offering a discount for military members starting November.
For Tennessee: Today is the last day to register to vote in the November election. Borrowers in the state might be eligible for payment under a national mortgage foreclosure settlement. A Clarksville bank teller was arrested for embezzlement.