Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue December 18, 2012
The Morning Cram [canteen girl edition]
From NPR: Before Skype or other video calls, troops relied on the Canteen Girl to lift their spirits with her voice on the radio. Now 96, Phyllis Jeanne Creore reflects on the letters she received and young homesick troops during WWII.
Kentucky: Reidland High and Middle schools are closed today after The Paducah Sun received a letter raising concerns about the high school’s safety. The Blue Ribbon Commission on Tax Reform issued a report proposing cuts to individual and corporate tax rates while extending sales tax on some services. The fire hazard season may be over for Kentucky, but people should still be cautious when burning things outdoors. Western Kentucky gets a new area code – 364 -- that will overlay with the current 270 code beginning in 2014.