Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon January 20, 2014
The Morning Cram [bowl edition]
From NPR: To get to the championship game, the Denver Broncos beat the New England Patriots in the AFC championship game 26-16. The NFC championship game was close but the Seattle Seahawks defeated the San Francisco 49ers 23-17.
Kentucky: The state has awarded a $29 million dollar contract to reconstruct the Pennyrile Parkway interchange with the Western Kentucky Parkway/Interstate 69 near Madisonville. KSP charged Timothy Wharton of Hopkinsville with Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument and 2nd Degree and Theft by Deception on Friday. Kentucky state university presidents have signed a letter requesting more money for higher education. Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area is waiving fees at some day-use facilities on today in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Two West Kentucky lawmakers are supporting a bill that would let the state lease public land for private development.
Illinois: Illinois’ legislative session that begins later this month is expected to be more politically driven than last year's because of the looming election.