Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon August 13, 2012
The Morning Cram [Bold Move, Week of Eagles, Wildfire Edition]
From NPR: It was almost as if everyone dared Mitt Romney to make a bold move.utious and risk-averse Romney, made the bold move, selecting Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin as his running mate. It's a major gamble.
From Kentucky: Thousands gather at Fort Campbell this week to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the 101st Airborne Division. Firefighters contained weekend wildfires that burned more than 250 acres in Land Between the Lakes. Governor Steve Beshear’s chief of staff has died. Big Rivers Electric Corporation seeks authorization to spend over $283 million. Kirksey residents regained a post office.
From Illinois: Two Hopkinsville, Ky., boys drowned in a swimming pool at a friend’s Carbondale home over the weekend.
From Tennessee: The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency wants to lease fields for the upcoming mourning dove season.