Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Wed November 14, 2012
The Morning Cram [best I ever had edition]
From NPR: Compromise is suddenly the watchword in Washington, as negotiations over taxes, spending and entitlements begin in advance of another self-imposed deadline, popularly known as the "fiscal cliff." Automatic tax increases and deep spending cuts are slated for the first of the year, unless the president and Congress take action. Leaders on both sides say they are willing to meet in the middle, but that makes their constituents worry about what any compromise will cost them.
Kentucky: Kentucky State Police are again hoping to fill up their cruisers with food for needy families. A change in state statutes means permitted handgun owners can carry their weapons on city and county property. Murray State Faculty Regent Dr. Jack Rose will chair the new Provost Search Committee which will meet for the first time this month. An Owensboro woman is being charged with more than 1,000 counts of possessing child pornography.