Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu December 19, 2013
The Morning Cram [behind every good writer edition]
From NPR: Vince Gilligan created the groundbreaking TV show Breaking Bad, which recently finished its final season. t earned critical raves and rabid fans — and made us wonder about the pop-culture influences on the man behind it. So NPR's Steve Inskeep talked to Gilligan about what he's watching on television when he's not too busy making it.
Kentucky: The Murray-Calloway County Hospital Board of Directors has formally moved to proceed with the construction of the Anna Mae Owen Residential Hospice House. Kentucky State Police Commissioner Rodney Brewer says the agency collected more than 124,000 pounds of food during its recent food drive. Kentucky's courts are taking a step toward making electronic case filing a reality statewide.
Illinois: Governor Pat Quinn says he wants to raise Illinois' minimum wage to at least $10 by Christmas of next year. Illinois officials and local law enforcement agencies are planning roadside checks to kick off their holiday safe-driving campaign.