Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu December 19, 2013
The Morning Cram [behind every good writer edition]
From NPR: Vince Gilligan created the groundbreaking TV show Breaking Bad, which recently finished its final season. t earned critical raves and rabid fans — and made us wonder about the pop-culture influences on the man behind it. So NPR's Steve Inskeep talked to Gilligan about what he's watching on television when he's not too busy making it.
Kentucky: The Murray-Calloway County Hospital Board of Directors has formally moved to proceed with the construction of the Anna Mae Owen Residential Hospice House. Kentucky State Police Commissioner Rodney Brewer says the agency collected more than 124,000 pounds of food during its recent food drive. Kentucky's courts are taking a step toward making electronic case filing a reality statewide.
Illinois: Governor Pat Quinn says he wants to raise Illinois' minimum wage to at least $10 by Christmas of next year. Illinois officials and local law enforcement agencies are planning roadside checks to kick off their holiday safe-driving campaign.