Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu February 7, 2013
The Morning Cram [are you a belieber? edition]
From NPR: The Grammy Awards have one nomination rocking the music world, but in a bad way. Liechtenstein's Al Walser is up for a best dance single for “I Can’t Live Without You,” mostly because he used the social networking site Grammy 365 to lobby for votes.
In other Grammy news, Justin Bieber’s upset he didn’t get any noms.
Kentucky: Medical marijuana supporters rallied in Frankfort yesterday saying the push for industrial hemp might help their cause. Gov. Steve Beshear gave his annual State of the Commonwealth address last night, where he spoke on supporting a statewide smoking ban, raiding the dropout age and linking tax and pension reform. Two African-American leaders were honored at the Capitol at a Black History Month celebration.
Illinois: Gov. Pat Quinn gave his annual State of the State address, where he supported legalizing gay marriage and an assault weapons ban in addition to talking about the state’s pension crisis. State officials are warning consumers about a home warranty scam from Florida-based Arkidus Home Protection.