Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon July 20, 2009
More TN Highway Work Being Done with Fed Money
Nashville, TN – Tennessee has opened bids on some of the last state highway transportation projects funded through the federal Recovery and Reinvestment Act. They are the widening of U.S. 79 in Stewart and Montgomery counties, bridge construction in Campbell County, and road resurfacing in Johnson County.
According to the Tennessee Department of Transportation, more than $429 million in recovery act funds are now under contract. Tennessee received $572 million from the act.