Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon July 20, 2009
More TN Highway Work Being Done with Fed Money
Nashville, TN – Tennessee has opened bids on some of the last state highway transportation projects funded through the federal Recovery and Reinvestment Act. They are the widening of U.S. 79 in Stewart and Montgomery counties, bridge construction in Campbell County, and road resurfacing in Johnson County.
According to the Tennessee Department of Transportation, more than $429 million in recovery act funds are now under contract. Tennessee received $572 million from the act.