Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon July 20, 2009
More TN Highway Work Being Done with Fed Money
Nashville, TN – Tennessee has opened bids on some of the last state highway transportation projects funded through the federal Recovery and Reinvestment Act. They are the widening of U.S. 79 in Stewart and Montgomery counties, bridge construction in Campbell County, and road resurfacing in Johnson County.
According to the Tennessee Department of Transportation, more than $429 million in recovery act funds are now under contract. Tennessee received $572 million from the act.