Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri July 26, 2013
More Human Remains Found in Madisonville
A crew with the Hopkins County Road Department found more human remains Thursday in a creek along Continental Drive while doing repair work from excavation done during previous searches for remains.
Earlier this month some of the street’s residents found human remains behind their homes. The Hopkins County Sheriff’s Department says it gave the remains to the county coroner’s office who in turn sent them to the Kentucky Medical Examiner’s Office.
An investigation is ongoing to determine the identity of the remains.