Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu January 28, 2010
Montgomery Precinct Ruling Today
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Trigg County, KY – Residents of Trigg County's Montgomery precinct find out today if they can hold a vote to reinstate prohibition. Trigg County Circuit Judge C.A. Woodall decides the dispute between the Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and the State Board of Elections today. The Board of Elections cites state law that says "no local option election shall be held in the same territory more than once in every three years." The ABC does not agree. The hearing began this morning at 11am.