Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue June 30, 2009
Montgomery County Jail Inmate Hangs Self
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Montgomery County Jail officials say an inmate hung himself in his cell Sunday. 53-year-old Jay Frederick Smith of Oklahoma was found dead hanging by a bed sheet during a routine security sweep Sunday afternoon. Smith was arrested early Saturday morning on a DUI charge driving a tractor-trailer west from Nashville on I-24. Another truck driver reported seeing Smith's truck almost run four other cars off the road.