Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue August 4, 2009
Montgomery Co. Passes Spending Plan
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Montgomery county commissioners voted nine separate times yesterday before agreeing to a spending plan. The contested issue was how much money the county provides to non-profits. The spending plan passed after commissioners voted to reduce funds to the local Red Cross and Salvation Army. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports commissioners matched the city's appropriations to the Regional Airport Authority and committed $35,000 of in-kind contributions to clear the American Village mobile home park after its closure later this month.