Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Tue August 4, 2009
Montgomery Co. Passes Spending Plan
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Montgomery county commissioners voted nine separate times yesterday before agreeing to a spending plan. The contested issue was how much money the county provides to non-profits. The spending plan passed after commissioners voted to reduce funds to the local Red Cross and Salvation Army. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports commissioners matched the city's appropriations to the Regional Airport Authority and committed $35,000 of in-kind contributions to clear the American Village mobile home park after its closure later this month.