Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue August 4, 2009
Montgomery Co. Passes Spending Plan
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Montgomery county commissioners voted nine separate times yesterday before agreeing to a spending plan. The contested issue was how much money the county provides to non-profits. The spending plan passed after commissioners voted to reduce funds to the local Red Cross and Salvation Army. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports commissioners matched the city's appropriations to the Regional Airport Authority and committed $35,000 of in-kind contributions to clear the American Village mobile home park after its closure later this month.