Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue August 11, 2009
Montgomery Co. OKs Guns in Parks
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – After the first of September, people will legally be allowed to carry guns with valid permits in Montgomery County parks. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports that inaction by the county's Conservation Board last night, effectively stopped a resolution to continue the ban on guns in parks. Montgomery County voted in June to keep guns out of their four parks in the wake of Tennessee's newly passed state law. Other dangerous weapons like crossbows, knives, and boomerangs are still on the ban list.