Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu October 22, 2009
Montgomery Co. Adjusts Budget for Health Insurance
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Montgomery County, Tennessee is adjusting its budget to cover the unforeseen, rising cost of health insurance. The County Commission's Budget Committee unanimously approved an amendment yesterday to cover nearly $1 million in increased rates of its employees' coverage plans. The county operates its own insurance co-op, which pays 85 percent of benefits, while employees pay the remainder. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the budget amendment still has to be approved by a full County Commission vote next month.