Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu October 22, 2009
Montgomery Co. Adjusts Budget for Health Insurance
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Montgomery County, Tennessee is adjusting its budget to cover the unforeseen, rising cost of health insurance. The County Commission's Budget Committee unanimously approved an amendment yesterday to cover nearly $1 million in increased rates of its employees' coverage plans. The county operates its own insurance co-op, which pays 85 percent of benefits, while employees pay the remainder. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the budget amendment still has to be approved by a full County Commission vote next month.