Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 14, 2009
Mongiardo on Rail
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's Lt. Gov. Dan Mongiardo says if he is elected to the U.S. Senate, he will propose extending a passenger rail system into the state to serve as a hub for the country. The democratic candidate says such a rail system will create jobs and improve the quality of life across Kentucky. The Kentucky Enquirer reports Mongiardo says his plan calls for two types of local passenger rail connected to a national high-speed rail system being proposed by the Obama administration. Mongiardo and Attorney General Jack Conway are the front-runners seeking the democratic nomination for current Senator Jim Bunning's Seat.