Most Active Stories
- Kentuckians Can Get Protection From Four Flu Strains This Fall
- Community Leaders Call for Paducah Power Board Chairman to Resign
- Paducah Power System Board May Have "Unintentionally" Violated Open Meetings Law
- Paducah Power Chairman Says He Would Step Down Only If Board Asks Him
- Paducah Power Board Chair Steps Down as Chairman, Member
Fri September 17, 2010
Mongiardo Has No Plans to Run for Another Office
By Todd Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo says he has no immediate plans to run for another office, but won't rule out the possibility of changing his mind in the future. According to the Paducah Sun, Mongiardo says he'll work to be the best lieutenant governor he can for the remainder of his term, but after that, he's looking at spending more time with his family. But, Mongiardo says he's learned never to say never.
Mongiardo suffered disappointing losses in two races for the U.S. Senate, in 2004 against Senator Jim Bunning, and against Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway in this year's Democratic primary. He is a medical doctor who continues to practice part time in eastern Kentucky.