Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon September 20, 2010
Mock High School Elections Continue
Western Kentucky – High school students across Kentucky are using their county voting machines for mock elections. The students are voting for their choices in Kentucky's U.S. Senate race between Democrat Jack Conway and Republican Rand Paul.
Secretary of State Trey Grayson says the mock elections are being held through October 29th. They're being funded by a federal grant from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.
This week's elections will be held in Henderson, Union, and Todd County high schools, and Lone Oak, Madisonville North, Livington Central, Webster, Hopkinsville, Fulton City, Murray and Hart high schools. After the last election is held, Grayson's office will release the statewide results.