Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Mon September 20, 2010
Mock High School Elections Continue
Western Kentucky – High school students across Kentucky are using their county voting machines for mock elections. The students are voting for their choices in Kentucky's U.S. Senate race between Democrat Jack Conway and Republican Rand Paul.
Secretary of State Trey Grayson says the mock elections are being held through October 29th. They're being funded by a federal grant from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.
This week's elections will be held in Henderson, Union, and Todd County high schools, and Lone Oak, Madisonville North, Livington Central, Webster, Hopkinsville, Fulton City, Murray and Hart high schools. After the last election is held, Grayson's office will release the statewide results.