Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue August 14, 2012
Mississippi River Bridge to Close for Inspection
The Illinois Department of Transportation plans to close the U.S. 60/62 bridge over the Mississippi River three days next week for safety inspections. The bridge which connects Cairo, Ill., to Mississippi County Missouri will shut down between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Wednesday.
Traffic will also be down to one lane Thursday next week, and Friday, Aug. 31.