Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Tue August 14, 2012
Mississippi River Bridge to Close for Inspection
The Illinois Department of Transportation plans to close the U.S. 60/62 bridge over the Mississippi River three days next week for safety inspections. The bridge which connects Cairo, Ill., to Mississippi County Missouri will shut down between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Wednesday.
Traffic will also be down to one lane Thursday next week, and Friday, Aug. 31.