Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue August 14, 2012
Mississippi River Bridge to Close for Inspection
The Illinois Department of Transportation plans to close the U.S. 60/62 bridge over the Mississippi River three days next week for safety inspections. The bridge which connects Cairo, Ill., to Mississippi County Missouri will shut down between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Wednesday.
Traffic will also be down to one lane Thursday next week, and Friday, Aug. 31.