Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed April 29, 2009
Missing Woman's Body Found
By Carrie Pond
Smithland, KY – Livingston County authorities found the body of a missing Paducah woman yesterday. Law enforcement officials have ruled the death a suicide. A spokesman for the Livingston County Sheriff's Department says 44-year-old Jan Carr had been missing for a week and a half. The search continued after authorities found her car on the I-24 Bridge over the Tennessee River last Tuesday. Her purse and identification were left inside. An autopsy will be performed today in Madisonville.