Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri April 24, 2009
Missing Man's Body Found
By Carrie Pond
Smithland, KY – Workers at the Smithland Lock and Dam have found the body of an Indiana fisherman, missing since April 1. The lockmaster reported the discovery inside a gate of the dam yesterday afternoon. Livingston County Coroner Jeff Armstrong confirmed the body was that of 45-year-old Daniel David Rust from his driver's license. The Paducah Sun Reports Rust was from Lake Station, Ind. He and a companion were night fishing from a 12-foot boat when it sank in the Ohio River near Cave-in-Rock, Ill. Barge workers rescued Patrick May, who had grabbed a life vest as the boat went under. The dam at Smithland is about 25 miles southwest of Cave-in-Rock.