Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri April 24, 2009
Missing Man's Body Found
By Carrie Pond
Smithland, KY – Workers at the Smithland Lock and Dam have found the body of an Indiana fisherman, missing since April 1. The lockmaster reported the discovery inside a gate of the dam yesterday afternoon. Livingston County Coroner Jeff Armstrong confirmed the body was that of 45-year-old Daniel David Rust from his driver's license. The Paducah Sun Reports Rust was from Lake Station, Ind. He and a companion were night fishing from a 12-foot boat when it sank in the Ohio River near Cave-in-Rock, Ill. Barge workers rescued Patrick May, who had grabbed a life vest as the boat went under. The dam at Smithland is about 25 miles southwest of Cave-in-Rock.