Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon June 18, 2012
Missing Boater's Body Found
The body of a Lovelaceville boater missing since Friday was found on Big Turner Lake late last night. Ballard County Coroner Bob Morrow tells the West Kentucky Star 48-year-old Barry Hammonds’ body was found around 9 pm near where his boat flipped late Friday night.
Officials began the search after being notified a boat containing three people had overturned in the lake in the Ballard Refuge Wildlife Management Area. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife public affairs officer Sergeant Gary Clark says investigators believe the three set out on the small lake when Hammonds stood up, causing the boat to flip. The other two boaters made it to shore.