Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon June 18, 2012
Missing Boater's Body Found
The body of a Lovelaceville boater missing since Friday was found on Big Turner Lake late last night. Ballard County Coroner Bob Morrow tells the West Kentucky Star 48-year-old Barry Hammonds’ body was found around 9 pm near where his boat flipped late Friday night.
Officials began the search after being notified a boat containing three people had overturned in the lake in the Ballard Refuge Wildlife Management Area. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife public affairs officer Sergeant Gary Clark says investigators believe the three set out on the small lake when Hammonds stood up, causing the boat to flip. The other two boaters made it to shore.