Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon June 18, 2012
Missing Boater's Body Found
The body of a Lovelaceville boater missing since Friday was found on Big Turner Lake late last night. Ballard County Coroner Bob Morrow tells the West Kentucky Star 48-year-old Barry Hammonds’ body was found around 9 pm near where his boat flipped late Friday night.
Officials began the search after being notified a boat containing three people had overturned in the lake in the Ballard Refuge Wildlife Management Area. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife public affairs officer Sergeant Gary Clark says investigators believe the three set out on the small lake when Hammonds stood up, causing the boat to flip. The other two boaters made it to shore.