Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon June 18, 2012
Missing Boater's Body Found
The body of a Lovelaceville boater missing since Friday was found on Big Turner Lake late last night. Ballard County Coroner Bob Morrow tells the West Kentucky Star 48-year-old Barry Hammonds’ body was found around 9 pm near where his boat flipped late Friday night.
Officials began the search after being notified a boat containing three people had overturned in the lake in the Ballard Refuge Wildlife Management Area. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife public affairs officer Sergeant Gary Clark says investigators believe the three set out on the small lake when Hammonds stood up, causing the boat to flip. The other two boaters made it to shore.