Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Mon June 18, 2012
Missing Boater's Body Found
The body of a Lovelaceville boater missing since Friday was found on Big Turner Lake late last night. Ballard County Coroner Bob Morrow tells the West Kentucky Star 48-year-old Barry Hammonds’ body was found around 9 pm near where his boat flipped late Friday night.
Officials began the search after being notified a boat containing three people had overturned in the lake in the Ballard Refuge Wildlife Management Area. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife public affairs officer Sergeant Gary Clark says investigators believe the three set out on the small lake when Hammonds stood up, causing the boat to flip. The other two boaters made it to shore.