Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed December 31, 2008
Minors on the Road
By Stephanie Sanders
Frankfort, KY – A Kentucky lawmaker wants to require adult supervision of children under the age of 14 who collect money for civic or other groups along roadsides. Democratic Representative Jeff Greer says he got the idea to draft the legislation when he saw unsupervised minors conducting a roadside fundraiser in his community.
If they see a window rolled down with someone holding change or a dollar, they become so focused on getting that change or a dollar that they forget to look both ways. After observing this, and seeing some kids about walk into incoming traffic, I thought we need to have some adult supervision out there.
The measure was first filed last year, but never made it out of the Transportation Committee.