Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed December 31, 2008
Minors on the Road
By Stephanie Sanders
Frankfort, KY – A Kentucky lawmaker wants to require adult supervision of children under the age of 14 who collect money for civic or other groups along roadsides. Democratic Representative Jeff Greer says he got the idea to draft the legislation when he saw unsupervised minors conducting a roadside fundraiser in his community.
If they see a window rolled down with someone holding change or a dollar, they become so focused on getting that change or a dollar that they forget to look both ways. After observing this, and seeing some kids about walk into incoming traffic, I thought we need to have some adult supervision out there.
The measure was first filed last year, but never made it out of the Transportation Committee.