Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Around the Nation
Tue November 26, 2013
Minnesota Woman Embraces Her Full Name
Originally published on Tue November 26, 2013 12:28 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
A woman in Minneapolis turns 43 years old on Thursday. Dr. Happy Thanksgiving Reynolds says she was born to hippie parents, who hadn't picked out a name ahead of time. When their daughter arrived on Thanksgiving Day, they took it as a sign. Far from being embarrassed about her name, Dr. Reynolds embraces it. She says it even helped her get job interviews. Adding, quote, "I'm someone you are not going to forget based on the name." Surely, indeed.
Well, let me say this: Happy Birthday, Happy Thanksgiving.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.