Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon September 23, 2013
Miller Discusses Budget Reduction Process
Murray State University Interim President Tim Miller has organized and named three small budget task force subcommittees to determine what he calls “common sense” ways to save or cut university expenditures.
The five-to-seven-member subcommittees, which represent students, faculty and staff, will formulate a series of recommendations for review by the full budget task force by Thanksgiving.
Miller hopes to cut between two to three million dollars to make up $1.7 million in state pension obligations, a $700,000health insurance increase and what he anticipates to be about a half-percentage shortfall in budgeted enrollment increases.
Miller says the university community should not anticipate layoffs or program cuts, but energy saving measures or shared program costs.