Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed June 24, 2009
Military Tax Exemption
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Come 2010, members of the military will not have to state income taxes in Kentucky. The measure passed as part of House Bill 3, the mega-incentives bill. Legislators had tried to include the tax exemption in the video slots bill, which failed during the special session. The House passed the tax legislation 86-10 and the Senate voted 35-0 in favor of passage.