Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu August 6, 2009
Military Assessing Needs of Families During War
Fort Campbell, KY – A top defense official visited Fort Campbell this week as part of an advocacy mission spearheaded by Michelle Obama to provide better support for military families. Deputy under-secretary of defense for military community and family support Tommy visited on Tuesday with military spouses, family readiness groups, soldiers and commanders at the post. Thomas says the first lady asked him to assess the needs of spouses, children and other family members who are essential to retaining soldiers during wartime. He says the military needs to communicate better with families about the variety of educational, childcare, health and financial assistance that is already available.