Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri February 10, 2012
Mild Winter Good For Bugs?
We are in our first extended cold snap of 2012 following a warm couple of months. While the cold weather means layering your clothing to keep warm, it also to some has historically been a predictor for a normal spring insect population. Entomologist Doug Johnson from the University of Kentucky's Extension office in Princeton digs into details of insect population predictors and their coping strategies during the cold months.