Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Fri February 10, 2012
Mild Winter Good For Bugs?
We are in our first extended cold snap of 2012 following a warm couple of months. While the cold weather means layering your clothing to keep warm, it also to some has historically been a predictor for a normal spring insect population. Entomologist Doug Johnson from the University of Kentucky's Extension office in Princeton digs into details of insect population predictors and their coping strategies during the cold months.