Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri February 10, 2012
Mild Winter Good For Bugs?
We are in our first extended cold snap of 2012 following a warm couple of months. While the cold weather means layering your clothing to keep warm, it also to some has historically been a predictor for a normal spring insect population. Entomologist Doug Johnson from the University of Kentucky's Extension office in Princeton digs into details of insect population predictors and their coping strategies during the cold months.