Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri February 10, 2012
Mild Winter Good For Bugs?
We are in our first extended cold snap of 2012 following a warm couple of months. While the cold weather means layering your clothing to keep warm, it also to some has historically been a predictor for a normal spring insect population. Entomologist Doug Johnson from the University of Kentucky's Extension office in Princeton digs into details of insect population predictors and their coping strategies during the cold months.