Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue June 24, 2014
"The Middle Ground" A Civil War Story Being Filmed in Western Kentucky
"A tale of two brothers, wrapped up in circumstances that could have only ever happened in Kentucky."
The Middle Ground is a Civil War era film set and currently being shot in western Kentucky - primarily in Owensboro and Madisonville. We met the filmmakers on Sounds Good, with Murray State connections: Director/Writer Dallas Lee Blanton, Actors/Producers Angela Yonts and Nathan Austin. Featuring actors and extras from western Kentucky, the film includes a reenactment of the Battle of Sacramento and a on-location shoot in a homestead from the era.
Video from the Indiegogo Campaign: