Most Active Stories
- [Update] Who's Bringing the Beer: Owensboro Caught in Dispute
- (Developing - School/Business Closings) A Moderate Risk For Severe Weather As Storms March Northeast
- Listen Monday to Live Coverage of KET's Grimes/McConnell Debate
- Here's What Alison Grimes and Mitch McConnell Discussed in KET's Debate
- MSU President Donates 117k to University
Sat February 22, 2014
Mid-Continent University President Steps Aside, School Will Not Close
Mid-Continent University’s president Dr Robert Imhoff is stepping aside amidst the school’s precarious financial crisis.
In a Saturday morning board meeting, MCU officials appointed Dr. Ken Winters of Murray to replace Imhoff as active president.
Winters formally held the 1st district state senate seat (2005-2013) and is former president of Campbellsville University. He also served as the dean of the College of Industry and Technology at Murray State. His appointment is effective immediately.
MCU Board of Trustees Chairman Tom Butler, Sr says the current situation has been stressful for the school’s students but he confirms that the school won’t be closing any time soon.
Butler says the meeting helped shed more light on the school’s available options and that he feels “much better” now that the school’s beginning to take positive steps.
Butler says Winters’ tasks will include examining the school’s balance sheet and deciding which school property can be sold as well as identifying sources of alternative revenue.
Butler says the board revised the school’s new federal financial aid submission to the Department of Education which will be submitted by the first of the week.